Healthy Toddler Snack: Choc-Cranberry Oat BarsCaroline Fenton
Healthy Toddler Snack: Choc-Cranberry Oat Bars
In need of a healthy snack for lunch boxes, or a treat for a crazy busy run around toddler!? Simply add a few ingredients to a Adventure Snacks mix and you are good to go! Gluten Free. Dairy Free. Refined Sugar Free… super healthy treats for your little loves in no time at all! Without further ado, here’s a fab little recipe straight from Tracey at Adventure Snacks… don’t mind if we do!
- 1x 375g Adventure Snacks Cacao Nib Muesli Bar Mix
- ½ Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Coconut oil
- 80g Honey
- 1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
Raw Chocolate Layer
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil
- 5 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 5 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- – Line a rectangular baking tray with baking paper, covering all sides.
- – Add all ingredients for the bottom layer to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- – Pour mixture into the prepared tin and press down very firmly and evenly.
- – Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown on the edges.
- – Let slice cool completely in the tin.
- – Once the slice is cool, mix all chocolate layer ingredients in a bowl.
- – Spread chocolate evenly over the top of the slice and allow it to harden in the fridge (for at least 1 hour).
- – Remove the slice from the tin, cut into desired sized bars, and enjoy! – Store bars in the fridge or freezer so the raw chocolate doesn’t melt.
You can purchase the Muesli Bar Mix from www.adventuresnacks.com.au, or find them on Facebook and Instagram, where they’d love you to share a pic if you make this recipe! Don’t forget to tag us too @avidivababy!! Happy snacking!!
Join The Avidiva Family