Meat-Free Monday: Gluten Free Zucchini Fritters RecipeCaroline Fenton
Gluten Free Zucchini Fritters Recipe
Meat-free Mondays… that’s still a thing, right?
Every fortnight I sit down and meal plan my little heart out. I have to admit, some weeks it is certainly harder than others. I’m not the only one that struggles to come up with delicious and healthy meals that the whole family will eat, right?
These days in particular, with a newly minted 2-year-old (hello terrible twos!) it’s even worse. I write out my meal
plan and somewhere between the kitchen and the supermarket I realise that there’s no way the kid will eat that. Hmmph. So many yummy dishes have been taken off the list now. Not to worry, I know it’s swings and roundabouts and it…. Might? Improve. Like, when he’s 18 or something.
For me though, there is such a thing as too much meat. I love meat, don’t me wrong, but sometimes it just feels all too heavy. I’m also a big believer in really mixing up my menu and ensuring I have some seafood days and the odd meat-free Monday thrown in for good measure.
Finding quick and easy meals that don’t require every random vegetable under the sun can sometimes be hard too. Especially living in the country, I don’t always have access to some of the more rarer items on the shopping list.
That’s why I created my Gluten Free Zucchini Fritters.
They are super quick, seriously easy and make a delicious and healthy lunch or dinner. Oh and the kid eats them too! Hallelujah!
So next time you want to try something that will only take minutes to whip up, will feed the whole family and not weigh you down? You need to try these, oh and did I mention they can be made Gluten Free really easily?
Meat-free Monday: Gluten Free Zucchini Fritters
Makes Approx. 10 (depending on how big you dollop them!)
250g Zucchini (seriously don’t stress over the weight, use what you can get!)
½ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
100g Tinned Corn, drained
1 tsp Dried Parsley
1 tsp Dried Oregano
¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
½ cup Gluten Free SR Flour
2 Eggs, beaten
2 tsp Olive Oil – for frying
Natural Greek Yogurt – for serving
- In a large bowl grate your zucchini. Then using your hands over a colander or the sink, squeeze it out to reduce as much liquid as you can.
- Place zucchini back into the bowl and follow with the grated parmesan, corn, parsley, oregano, nutmeg, flour and eggs.
- Start folding together until you have a lumpy thick batter, almost like pancakes but thicker.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, spoon a heaped tablespoon at a time of the mixture into the pan. Flatten it out slightly into a small pancake or pikelet type shape.
- Allow to cook for approximately 3 minutes or until the underside turns a lovely golden brown. Flip over and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towel before serving with a little salad and a good dollop of Greek yogurt!
These Gluten Free Zucchini Fritters are super tasty and so quick to whip up. They also make a great addition to the kids lunch boxes when served cold. What’s on your menu this Meat Free Monday?!
Check out more yummy recipes from the lovely Stacey over at Champagne and Gumboots…
Join The Avidiva Family