ROCKY ROAD!Caroline Fenton
Making a rocky road out of leftover Christmas treats is a great way to use up all the sugar in the house – and then ration out, or take over to the rellies!
It’s also super fun for the kids to gather all their Christmas goodies and get messy in the kitchen!
Below is the basic recipe – this is what I used to make the rocky road pictured. If you really want to go all out and use EVERYTHING up then gather all the choc you have, whatever colour and melt it down, feel free to swap out the nuts and use up whatever you have in the house (even a combo), add cookies or biscuits, chewy sweets instead of cherries, use white chocolate… you can add in anything and everything, whatever you have lying around! Just be sure to melt enough chocolate to combine it all together.
- 800g dark chocolate (melted)
- 200g moist coconut flakes
- 200g glace cherries (halved)
- 200g macadamias (halved)
- 200g marshmallows (halved)
- 100g puffed rice
- Line your tray (lamington size will be fine) with baking paper
- Cut and combine all the ingredients in a bowl. This is where you can get creative!
- Melt your chocolate over boiling water
- Pour over your ingredients and mix it all up (the mixture should not be runny – a good consistency to dollop into the tray)
- Put the combined mixture into the tray and pop in the fridge. Leave to set for a few hours
- Cut up (it may need to soften a little first) and enjoy :)